call for Abstracts - IS NOW CLOSED - Submit here
In 2023, UKCS in 2023 will return to an in-person event to bring the UKCS community together again. Do come and be part of this important meeting by submitting an abstract.
The Scientific Committee of the UKCS 2023 Conference invites the submission of abstracts for oral, oral poster or poster presentation. All submissions are welcome – from teams or individuals.
Abstracts may be by way of an original paper/trial, audit, or a professional experience – the knowledge of which would be of benefit to others in the specialty.
UKCS has a long tradition of offering opportunities for presentation to those in training and we will continue this tradition for the UKCS 2023 Conference too.
Our themes for the 2023 Conference are as follows:
LUTS and UI, POP, Bowel dysfunction, Sexual dysfunction, Menopause/ageing
Pregnancy/childbirth, COVID-19 – the impact and lessons learnt, Other (including epidemiology, P&A).
Diagnosis & imaging, Conservative, Surgery, Technology & devices.
Basic Science, Quality of Life, Systematic review, Literature review, Audit/service design,
Trial / Controlled study/ before and after study, Case reports.
All submissions will be subject to blind review.
Terms and Conditions of Submission:Please note: ALL Presenting Authors must register to attend UKCS 2023 Conference and instructions as regards Registration will be included in the result correspondence.
Presenting Authors of oral and oral poster presentations must be available during 29th March - 31st March 2023 to be part of the programme. Please ensure that this is possible for you to attend before you submit your abstract.
HOW TO SUBMIT aN abstract:
1. Follow the link above.
The minimum browser settings for this system are: Chrome version 22.x or higher, Firefox version 16.x or higher, Internet Explorer version 9.x or higher
2. In order to submit (any number of submissions) you will need to set yourself up as a New User and provide your contact information.
3. Select “Submissions” to add your submission(s) to the system. The system will prompt you for the required information.
4. Your abstract must be submitted in English.
5. You will be asked to select a category (theme) for your submission. See the list above. The sub-categories will appear when you click on the appropriate main category.
6. You will be asked for your preference of presentation format.
7. You will be asked about any disclosures and whether or not Ethical Approval was sought.
8. You will be asked for the title, authors and designations before the text of your abstract.
9. Your abstract itself must not exceed 300 words (this excludes the title, authors, designations and references).
10. If you wish to include tables, these must form part of what you insert into the “Abstract Text” box and these will count within your 300 word limit. Tables MUST NOT be scanned into the abstract, but typed in using Word. Simple graphs can also be included. Note: When an abstract is accepted, whilst the text will definitely be published, the Reviewers reserve the right to edit out complex figures, tables and graphs that are too expensive to reproduce.
11. References can be given, up to a maximum of 5 and these will NOT form part of the 300 word count.
a) The online system will enable you to add multiple submissions to your profile.
b) All submissions will be acknowledged by automated E-Mail. If you have not had a confirmation of receipt within 3 working days of your submission, please contact the Conference Secretariat.
c) The UKCS 2023 Scientific Committee will review all abstracts and their decision on the acceptability of the abstract and format of the presentation will be final. No correspondence on their decision can be initiated by the author(s).
d) Instructions on the duration of oral presentations and oral posters, plus the format and size of standard posters, will be given in the result correspondence which is planned for issue mid-February 2023.
e) Covid: should the circumstances of the pandemic require the face to face aspect of the Conference to be closed, the Conference will take to a virtual format. In such circumstance presenters will be required to pre-record their work with the technical team provided by the organisers and presenters to be available for Q &A at the virtul Conference. Presenters will still need to register for the Conference.
C/O Index Communications Meeting Services